Buyers notice the smallest details. The better your property looks and feels, the more money you are likely to get and the faster it will sell.
Boost your street appeal checklist
- Make sure your home is ready to lure in onlookers
- Power wash outside and driveway
- Cleanup or replace letterbox and numbers
- Plant blooming flowers and fresh greenery
- Mow lawn and make sure it is nice & green
- Clean or paint your front fence
- Wash front windows
- Repaint or stain the front porch floor
- Clean or repaint your front door
- REMOVE ALL CLUTTER
- Your entry way is vitally important to set the scene as buyers walk through the door.
- Choose sophisticated neutral colors throughout.
- Use appropriate furniture so that potential buyers can imagine how each room would look and feel
- Do not leave any rooms empty
- Keep curtains and blinds open to let in as much light as possible.
- Have new, clean towels on display
- Keep any kids toys to a minimum and stacked neatly
- Partially empty out closets and cupboards
- All beds need to be made and looking inviting
- Make sure all floors a shining clean
- Clean away any loose cables
- Ensure your cupboards and drawers are clean.Completely clean kitchen benches
- Set the dining table ready for dinner
- Pull your furniture off the walls
- Use pairs – of sofas, chairs, lamps
- Rearrange the furniture to make the rooms appear bigger
- Decorate to feel cozy in winter or cool in summer.
- Proper lighting can change the look of your home and make it look more inviting and appealing to buyers.
- Add table lamps and floor lamps to brighten up dark areas
- Make sure your home smells nice. There is nothing more off putting than foul smells.
- Empty all garbage
- Use candles or fragrance
- Fresh flowers are always a nice touch
- Indoor plants are a great way to add style to a home
Please contact me for a free, no-obligation sales planning and advice session.
0447 555 870
Other popular real estate advice from Paul: